Thursday, March 24, 2011

Senses

I’ve seen the grain-filled dunes of the desert
I’ve seen sequoias reach up to the sky
I’ve seen the snow-covered ice of Greenland
I’ll see the Lord in each thing by and by

I’ve heard the grateful applause of a crowd
I’ve heard the silence when someone has died
I’ve heard the rolling thunder of a storm on its way
I’ll hear the Lord in each thing by and by

I’ve smelled the crisp, clean air in the mountains
I’ve smelled sleeping babies, just washed and dried
I’ve smelled calming rose gardens in summer
I’ll smell success with the Lord by and by

I’ve felt the need of strength and protection
I’ve felt the new sting of tears in my eyes
I’ve felt the dew beneath my naked feet
I’ll feel the love that my Lord does supply

I’ve tasted the salt of seawater
I’ve tasted bittersweet memories and cried
I’ve tasted the sourness of jealousy
I’ll taste the sweet Heavens, Lord, when I die

No comments: