Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Sun Shine Wishing (A Year of Living Badly)

I just came across a little song I wrote in 1998 - I'd had a bad 18 months...  It's a bit cliche here and there but hey-ho, here it is anyway...!

The wind is winding down now,
It’s been a hell of a year.
I've broken bones and been left alone
And drowning in my tears.

I got a bruised and battered soul
After my baby passed away.
I’d give everything I own
Just to have him back with me, today.

And I would do anything
To get out of these shoes;
To walk a mile as someone lucky
Who doesn’t know the blues

Oh sun shine down on me
And stop life drowning me

My dad just got sent down
For a crime he didn't do.
My uncle died a painful death
Before reaching 42.

My so-called best friend walked away
When I couldn’t be more down.
I'm up to here in debt
And I need some money now.

I've put on so much weight
That I'm worried about my health.
And I've got a bunch of phobias
On top of everything else.

Oh sun shine down on me
(It’s about time that) life stop(ped) drowning me

Oh sun shine down on me
(Please) end my misery

Before the night-time comes
To take me to eternity

No comments: